Chalkboard paint is one of the most fun inventions to hit the crafting world in a long time. This versatile paint allows you to transform any surface into a chalkboard. With a little bit of creativity and imagination, it is easy to come up with countless different ways to use this paint. Here are a few fun chalkboard paint ideas to get you started:
- Make it easy to tell wine glasses apart at a party by applying chalkboard paint to the base of the glass and writing the guest's name on it in chalk. To make a set of chalkboard glasses, start with regular wine glasses and a small container filled with chalkboard paint. Dip the base of each glass in the paint, allowing any extra to run off. Set the wine glasses on a piece of wax paper to dry. Watch them for the first few minutes and pick them up to wipe away any drips that gather at the bottom of the glass.
- Do you have parties where you serve interesting types of cheese? If so, you can make a chalkboard cheese tray. Just paint the bottom of a tray with chalkboard paint and allow it to dry. When you go to serve cheese at a party, place each of the different cheeses on the tray and write their name next to them with chalk to help guests identify them.
- Keep kids entertained at the dinner table by creating chalkboard place mats. Simply take some stiff plastic place mats and paint them with chalkboard paint. Once they are dry, put them out on the table with colored chalk to help kids pass the time until dinner is served.
- Create a chalkboard clock by painting over the face of a wall clock with chalkboard paint. Then, use chalk to write in important activities for the day. Don't forget to include lunch time and snack time!
- Remind your child of how much you love them by leaving them a note in the top of their lunchbox. Simply paint the inside of the lid of the lunchbox with chalkboard paint. This works best on metal lunchboxes. Then, when you pack their lunch in the morning, you can jot down a quick note to let them know how much you care. Seeing encouraging words from you at lunch time can help brighten their day.
- Make custom building blocks by painting ordinary wooden blocks with chalkboard paint. Kids can then draw all over the blocks to create their own custom building blocks. This can be a great learning tool or an excellent way for kids to develop their creativity.
These are just a few creative chalkboard paint ideas that you can try. If you spend some time brainstorming, chances are you can come up with many other ways to use this innovative paint around your home. Just be sure to stock in plenty of chalk as well. After all, you want to be able to use the surfaces that you took the time to paint.